NDDSAgent: DomainParticipant::enable error 1

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

Problem occured when i try to launch Ping Utility and Spy Utility.

RTI Data Distribution Service Spy built with NDDS version 1.5e.00--C1.5e.00--C++
1.5e.00
Copyright 2011 Real-Time Innovations, Inc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[D0000|ENABLE]NDDS_Transport_UDPv4_SocketFactory_create_receive_socket:setsockop
t(ADD_MEMBERSHIP) error 0X2726
[D0000|ENABLE]NDDS_Transport_UDPv4_SocketFactory_create_receive_socket:Multicast
address may have already been added to interface.
multicast_address_in: 0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:EFFF:0001
interface: 0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:C0A8:65B8
Aby kontynuować, naciśnij dowolny klawisz . . .

RTI Data Distribution Service Ping built with NDDS version 1.5e.00--C1.5e.00--C+
+1.5e.00
Copyright 2011 Real-Time Innovations, Inc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[D0000|ENABLE]NDDS_Transport_UDPv4_SocketFactory_create_receive_socket:setsockop
t(ADD_MEMBERSHIP) error 0X2726
[D0000|ENABLE]NDDS_Transport_UDPv4_SocketFactory_create_receive_socket:Multicast
address may have already been added to interface.
multicast_address_in: 0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:EFFF:0001
interface: 0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:C0A8:65B8
Aby kontynuować, naciśnij dowolny klawisz . . .

How can i solve   this problem?

Organization:
Keywords:
Gerardo Pardo's picture

Hi,

What platform are you running this on?

Also do you have networking enabled? If you not have an IP address then the socket creation will fail and it could explain the errors you are seeing.

Note that you can still run RTI DDS without a network interface (i.e. using only the shared memory transport) but to do this you need to configure the participant to use only shared memory.

As far as rtiddsping, you can run it with the command-line option "-transport 2"  to force it to start using only shared memory.  You can use the "-help" command-line option to get details on that and the command-line options.

As far as your application, you can configure it to use only shared memory either programmaticall, or better still by editing the QoS profiles in the USER_QOS_PROFILES.xml file located in the working directory you use when running the application. If you edit the QoS profiles file what you need to do is modify the "transport_builtin" policy in the "participant_qos" as shown in the following snippet:

<participant_qos>
                <transport_builtin><mask>UDPv4</mask></transport_builtin>
            </participant_qos>

I hope this helps.

Gerardo

Hello,

i have the same Problem but I know already the source of the Problem. I have configured 2 additional network adresses for one ethernet controller. When i remove the two additional the error not occured.

But I need the two addional IP Adresses. Is there a way to solve this?

My enviroment:

Windows 2008 R2 SP1, NDDS 4.3e, 1 activ ethernetcard with 3 adresses

P.S.: In an enviroment with 2003 Server the problem not occured...

Hello Simon,

thanks for replay. I saw the post, downloaded the patch from the mircosoft support page but the installer told me not supported OS. On my Server and also on my workstation Win7 so tought the service packs allready contained the patch.

I will ask the mircosoft support why i could not install the patch.

Thanks for the moment.

Ciao,

Björn

Hey,

there is no way for me to install the patch. Don't know why. Forgot to ask if the patch already part of the service pack...

Any way the error message is an other and i know tested it on a win7 Workstation and the problem not occurred and on an other windows Server 2008 R2 i can reproduce the error.

Any other ideas?

Ciao,

Björn

Hi,

I am having the same problem.  My platform is Windows 7, SP1, 32-bit.  I looked into the suggested Microsoft patch, but the file that it updates is newer on my install than it is in the update, implying that the patch is pre Service Pack 1 for Windows 7.  Like brip, I need to multihome my NIC (mulitple addresses on one NIC).  Once I remove the multihoming, things work fine.  I've tested on Windows XP, SP3 with a multihomed NIC, and the ping and spy utilities run fine there.

The original post on this thread is obviously dated, but I sure would appreciate finding an answer to this problem.

Thanks,

Jerry