May I use recording service record and recording service Replay on VxWorks platform?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
May I use recording service record and recording service Replay on VxWorks platform?

Hello,I'm using RTI DDS.

I'm Interested in Record serivce On VxWorks platform.but, I know that Record serivce is not be supported On VxWorks platform,now.

so ,When can do that in which RTI DDS version,please? And ,How Can I use do it On VxWorks platform?

I'm sorry that ,my english language is not very good.

thanks.

Gerardo Pardo's picture

Just to clarify:  You actually need to run the service itself on a VxWorks computer?  The RTI Recording Service can run on any computer on the network and record data that is publish in any other node. It needs fast access to a file-system with enough space and for this reason people normally prefer to run it on a Linux or Windows box...

There is no technical reason why the RTI Recording Service could not be built to run on VxWorks, or any of the other supported platforms for RTI DDS.  It is not one of the standard platforms becouse we have not seen this as a common request... But if you needed a special build I think it is something that could be arranged.  May I ask what project are you working on? Are you currently under support? 

Regards,

Gerardo

I use record service on vxworks platform because all of PC using in my project is vxworks platform.

but ,thanks a lot,also.

I have to use the record services On VxWorks platform , both on VxWorks5.5 and VxWorks 6.6. Of course, we are under RTI supports, otherwise we would not have the RTI DDS VxWorks platform libraries, such as nddscore.so, nddscpp.so and so on. However, I am just a technical staff of our company, I do not know how to provide evidence of support. On this technical issue, I hope to record and replay some specified topic data on VxWorks platform. I wish that you can provide the source code of the Record Service under windows Platform, and then we'll modify the code to VxWorks platform, or you can provide support the VxWorks library of the record service. My email: 35966170@qq.com Look forward to your reply. Thank you very much.
Gerardo Pardo's picture

Hello,

Hi I was not lookign for evidence :).  The reason I asked about whether you are in support is that I know that running RTIRecording Service on VxWorks is something that has been requested before and I think it even was supported at at some point past so. So I wanted to see if I could engage our field & support people  to help you. I will pass along your email.

Gerardo

Thank you very much for keening to help me,  I'll wait for your reply. Thank you!~~~
Thank you very much for keening to help me, I'll wait for your reply. Thank you!~~~