Problems with libnddsjavad.so in java, IntelliJ, Ubuntu 14

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problems with libnddsjavad.so in java, IntelliJ, Ubuntu 14

Hi,

I'm working in a DDS project in Java under Ubuntu using the IDE IntelliJ IDEA. The program compiles succesfully but when I execute it, under Ubuntu, it fails showing the following error:

The library libnddsjavad.so could not be loaded by Linux.
Make sure that the library is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

As indicated the error, I checked my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and it's right. LD_LIBRARY_PATH is defined in .bashrc as follows:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$NDDSHOME/lib/x64Linux3gcc4.8.2
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$NDDSHOME/lib/java

and the missed library, libnddsjavad.so is in ../x64Linux3gcc4.8.2 directory.

The same program deployed under Windows in java and using the same IDE, InelliJ, works properly.

The others tools such as rtiddsgen or rtiddsspy works perfectly, also I executed some examples provided by RTI webside in terminal without problems.

I belive that is problem of IntelliJ configuration on Ubuntu because under Windows is well configured and I don't know what to do, I have no more ideas to try.

Thanks a lot!

Organization:
Fernando Garcia's picture

Hi Marti,

I think since Ubuntu 9.04 you can only set the  LD_LIBRARY_PATH inside an interactive shell (i.e., it cannot be set in files such as ~/.bashrc, ~/.profile, etc.). The best alternative -- if you have admin privileges -- is to create new /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf file with the path to RTI's dynamic libraries. In your case, you only need to add the lib/x64Linux3gcc4.8.2 directory (i.e., you do not need to add the jar files to the library path).

The file could be called /etc/ld.so.conf.d/rticonnextdds-5.2.0.conf and should look like this:

# RTI shared libraries
/path/to/your/connext/installation/rti_connext_dds-5.2.0/lib/x64Linux3gcc4.8.2

Once you have created the file, you need to run ldconfig as follows to cache the dynamic libraries you just added:

sudo ldconfig

Please, let me know if this work for you.

Thanks,
Fernando.

Hi Fernando,

Excuse me for having taken so long to ansewer. Your advise works perfectly. Since the file.conf is defined, the declaration of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in .bashrc is useless.

Thank you Fernando.