4 posts / 0 new
Last post
RTIAdmin Console

RTI Admin Console is crashing with following message

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x000000304c614d70, pid=3668, tid=140678897645328
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_76-b13) (build 1.7.0_76-b13)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.76-b04 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [ld-linux-x86-64.so.2+0x14d70]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /root/hs_err_pid3668.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

Please look into the issue as it is hindering my work.

Organization:
Gerardo Pardo's picture

Hello,

Can you give some more information on how you get this problem to occur? 

Does the problem be easily reproduced? Can you describe the steps you are taking to make the problem happen?

Gerardo

Hello,

When I typed rtiadminconsole in terminal and pressed enter, then a dialog with progress bar appears. And then it crashes with the error written in previous message with  'Loading org.eclipse.help' on dialog.

ken
ken's picture

Hello Kritika,

Sorry to hear about this crash. Unfortunately, I will need further information in order to try to get to the root cause of the issue.

Can you tell me what operating system and version you're using? It looks like a 64-bit Linux but I'd like to get the specifics.

If you can provide the Java crash log "/root/hs_err_pid3668.log", that would be helpful.

Admin Console is built upon the Eclipse platform which usually provides an error log of it own. It would be in the ~/rti_workspace/5.2.0/user_config/admin_console area somewhere. Normally the UI will tell you the name of the file when it crashes. If so, please send that file. 

Lastly, Admin Console also writes log information to disk. There may be multiple files but they are in the same folder, ~/rti_workspace/5.2.0/user_config/admin_console, and have a pattern of admin_console.log*. If any of these files exist, could you also please send them along?

Thanks,
Ken