1 topic - 2 domains

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
1 topic - 2 domains

Is it possible to publish a topic on 2 domains at the same time.

I have a topic set of about 20 topics, and I have 2 domains.  About 8 of the topics need to be published on 1 domain, and about 8 on the other domain.  However, 4 ot the topics need to be sent on both domains.

Is there way to send a topic on 2 domains at once.  I know I can send it one-at-a-time on each individual domain, and that does work.  I was wondering if I could just perform one publish and have the topic sent to 2 different domains at the same time.

Thanks.

Hello,

From your application that would be problematic to do (that is, you would need to create writers for that topic using two different domain participants and send on both writers).

You could use a bridging application (for example, RTI Routing Service, which comes with the RTI DDS pro edition) to have certain topics automatically bridged from one domain to another (namely, the 4 topics you want to publish to two domains) BUT:

1. This introduces a bit of latency

2. It will increase maintenance needs

What's stopping you from writing to both topics, though?

Roy.

I can write to both.  I just thought there may be a way of not writing extra code if RTI DDS would do it for me.

I found out after sending my original post that this application actually has a 3rd domain where all of the topics are sent for GUI display purposes.

I guess there will be 3 publishes in some cases.  Oh well, at least I am not dead in the water. 

Thanks.