Forcing Persistence Service to Synchronize Before Publishing Data

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Forcing Persistence Service to Synchronize Before Publishing Data

Hi everybody,

I have a synchronization problem between two persistence services on two different hosts. The scenario is something like this: I run my application on the first PC and publish some persistent data which have been already stored in file. After some minutes, I run my application on the second PC. The presistence service will be executed along with my applications. So I have two persistence services on two different PCs. At the first run of my application on the second PC, if the saved data on its file is different from the first PC's file, I will recieve two different samples from persistence services. Synchronization will not solve this problem for the first run. If I could force the second persistence service to sync before publishing its data, the problem will be solved. 

I see the documentation but cannot find anything related to this problem. Can anybody help me?

By the way, When I use the following configurations in my XML file, I see this error " Unexpected tag 'synchronize_durable_subscriptions' ".

<synchronization>
<!--synchronize_durable_subscriptions>1</synchronize_durable_subscriptions-->
<synchronize_data>1</synchronize_data>
<durable_subscription_synchronization_period>1000</durable_subscription_synchronization_period>
</synchronization>

I have to comment the corresponding line to run the persistence service, but I think that my persistence service is synched. Am I right?

Thanks in advance for your helps.

Bonjefir

Hi,

Can I use Collaborative Datawriters?

Hi

Any answers?

fercs77's picture

Hi Bonjefir,

I'd like to understand better your scenario. When you say "data which have been already stored in file" are you refering to data that has been stored by Persistence Service?. When you say I will recieve two different samples from persistence services, do you mean the application on the second node will receive two different samples? What is an application in your scenario? A Persistence + Publisher + Subscriber? Would it be possible to provide a simple reproducer using a HelloWorld application of some kind?

Regarding the XML problem, the name of the tag is <synchronize_durable_subscription> without the final 's'. I have found that there is a bug in our documentation. We'll fix it in our next release.

For data synchronization you don't need durable subscriptions. Durable subscriptions is a feature that allows you to gurantee that specific named subscriptions (DataReaders) receive a sample.

Regards,

- Fernando

Hi Fernando,

First of all I should thank you for your response and I sincerely apologize for being late

Regarding the XML problem, you are right. I removed the final 's' and now everything is OK. I hope you fix this bug in your next release.

Regarding my scenario, all things that you said is right. I will write a sample reproducer in the next few days (in case of free time). Thanks again for your answer.

Sincerely,

Bonjefir