vmware issues

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
vmware issues

Hi,

I use rti dds 5.2.0. it can works well on windows 10, and it also works well on vmware win 7(vmware runs on windows 10). but it can not communicate between windows 10 and vmware win7. why?

Fernando Garcia's picture

Hi,

Can you ping from the Windows 10 machine to the Windows 7 machine and viceversa? If the adapter of these machines is attached to a NAT network they may not be able to communicate at all. If that is the case, there are other adapter configurations that may work for you. For instance, you can select the "Bridge" setting, which connects your VMs directly to the physical network.

Thanks,
Fernando.

thanks for your answers. i can ping from both windows 10 and win 7. and my adapter configuration is also set to bridge.

but i find that windows 10 can not receive the udp broadcast messges send by win7(vmware os), is that why dds can't communicate with each other? 

my host computer(windows 10), use wifi to connect internat. and it seems that when use the local ethernat it worked.

Fernando Garcia's picture

Hi,

Have you tried using the NDDS_DISCOVERY_PEERS environment variable to help the applications discover each other? If you have not, please do the following before running your command-line application:

% set NDDS_DISCOVERY_PEERS=<other_host_ip_address>
% RunyourApplication.exe

This solution explains how to set the list of initial peers programmatically or via XML. You may also find interesting these other articles:

However, I think that just setting the initial peers should work in your case. Please, let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Fernando.

thanks, it works