Running 1 publisher and 1 subscriber on seperate machines

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Running 1 publisher and 1 subscriber on seperate machines

Hi!

I am trying to run one publisher on a virtual machine and one subscriber on another virtual machine, both connected to the same network. On the publisher machine I am running the following commands:

set NNDSHOME=C:\Program Files\rti_connext_dds-6.0.0
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_211
set RTI_PERFTEST_ARCH=x64Win64VS2017
start cmd /k perftest_java.bat -pub -dataLen 4096 -latencyCount 1 -domain 1 -nic 10.200.51.25

On the subscriber machine I am running the following commands:

set NDDSHOME=C:\Program Files\rti_connext_dds-6.0.0
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_211
set RTI_PERFTEST_ARCH=x64Win64VS2017
start cmd /k perftest_java.bat -sub -fileName sub1.csv -domain 1 -nic 10.200.51.26

I don't see any results. What am I doing wrong? I would appreciate any guidance since I couldn't find anything to help me on the documentation.

Here are some specifications of the applications that I am running:

RTI Perftest: 2.3.2

RTI Connext DDS: 6.0.0

PS: I have tried setting the NDDS_DISCOVERY_PEERS variables with both host names as well as IP addresses and had no luck with the results.

Thanks,

Blitz3r

irwin's picture

1-  set NNDSHOME=C:\Program Files\rti_connext_dds-6.0.0 should be NDDSHOME probably just a typo.

2- Most likely now you are not gettig discovery. Suggest that you test discovery by runnin rtiddsping on one machine and rtiddsping -subscriber on the other

Hi irwin,

Thanks for the respone.

How do I run the rtiddsping command I've tried running it in the terminal as well as through the following command and neither work:

perftest_java.bat --rtiddsping

Nevermind.

I managed to the command by navigating to the bin directory inside of the rti connext installation directory and running the .bat file through the terminal.

Thanks,

Blitz3r