does RTI Connect Micro 2.4.11 support DDS security?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
does RTI Connect Micro 2.4.11 support DDS security?

Hello.

I want to enable the DDS security on RTI Connext Micro v2.4.11.

but can't find any security plugin source code/release from rti download.

anyone can provides a guideline to me. 

thanks,

Zhijun

Hello Zhijun,

In terms of the Micro product line, Connext Secure (aka RTI Security Plugins) runs on Micro version 3.0 and higher.   

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bod,

thank you for the information.

Regards,

Zhijun

Hi Rob,

after installing the rti_connext_dds_micro-3.0.3-Unix.rtipkg, I didn't find the sec_core folder under in the ./src directory. 

and the below error occured when compile the Helloworld_dpde_security example code: 

HelloWorldApplication.c:15:33: fatal error: sec_core/sec_core_c.h: No such file or directory
#include "sec_core/sec_core_c.h"
^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:258: recipe for target 'objs/armv8QNX7.0.0qcc_gpp5.4.0/HelloWorldApplication.o' failed

Can you please show me how can I get the security module installed with DDS micro 3.0.3?

Thanks,

Zhijun 

Sorry but I don't recognize that error and don't have extensive experience with DDS Secure and Micro 3.   Are you licensed so that you can open a case with RTI Tech Support?   That may be the quickest path to a solution.

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

thank you for the information.

I'm seeking the possiblity to enable the security on the RTI DDS micro 2.4.11. Do you know whether there are some other options other than DDS security? Such as Security WAN transport?

Thanks,

Zhijun

Hello Zhijun,

One possibility available to you would be to craft a custom solution using "UDP Transformations" (ref: https://community.rti.com/static/documentation/connext-micro/2.4.14/doc/html/usersmanual/transports/UDP.html#udp-transformations).    

Without a drop-in solution (that I'm aware of) it would be prudent to contact your FAE for assistance and possible consultation with RTI Services on this topic.

Regards,

Bob