write function blocked when new participant join in on QNX

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
write function blocked when new participant join in on QNX

Hi,

We found that data_writer_->write() will be blocked when a new partipant join the communication on QNX;

we using the profile "BuiltinQosLib::Generic.StrictReliable.LargeData"

This issue has a great influence on us, how can we resolve it?

Thanks

Organization:
Keywords:
Howard's picture

Hi,

Unfortunately, much more information will be needed before someone can understand what is happening to help resolve your problem.

I suggest that you work with Vision Microsystems and the RTI team based in Singapore to address your question.  I will let them know that you asked this question.

--Howard

Hi Howard,

We use the RTI Connext DDS Pro 6.1.1, and runing on the QNX system.

I create one participant one publisher and ten datawriter in a process(name publishers), every channel write msg 100KB every 10ms.

and simultaneous ceate another process(name subscirbers) with one participant one subsciber and ten datareader to read the ten channel data;

When the transport of all the ten channels are stable at 100HZ, I launch another subscribers process, the frame rate of the ten channel will drop to 60hz, lasting for 1-2s;

the publish mode of datawriter is async;

Thanks

Howard's picture

Hi,

Xuanbo from Vision Microsystems and Zhi Kai from RTI will be in touch to help you with this inquiry.  The exact QOS configuration used to create the DataWriter and DataReader will likely need to be understood.

Best regards,

--Howard