Setting a specific QoS profile with rtiperftest

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Setting a specific QoS profile with rtiperftest

Hey,

I'm trying to specify a different QoS profile for my rtiperftest to use. Unfortunately, the only thing I can change seems to be the name of the QoS file but not the profile used. Is there any way to control this?

Thanks

rip
rip's picture

Hi,

configuring QoS for the perfTest is problematic, as some of the values are hard-wired.  Trying to change them via XML won't work since they will be overwritten by the code.

From the Documentation:

-qosprofile <filename> :: Path to the XML file containing DDS QoS profiles.
Default: perftest.xml
The default file contains these QoS profiles:
• The ‘ThroughputQos’, ‘LatencyQos’, and 'AnnouncementQos’ profiles are used by default.
• The ‘NoAckThroughputQos’ and ‘NoAckLatencyQos’ profiles are used if you specify -noPositiveAcks.
Note: some QoS values are ‘hard-coded’ in the application, therefore setting them in the XML file has no effect; see the Note: on Page 21.
See comments in perftest.xml, as well as Configuring QoS with XML, Chapter 15 in the RTI Data Distribution Service User’s Manual.

Because the profiles are hard-wired, you would make a copy of perftest.xml, edit the profiles to suit (but not the profile names).  Then ensure that the -pub and -sub instances are using the same xml file (very important).

What are you trying to address? (ie, why do you need to tweak the QoS settings?)

Regards,

Rip