reliability

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to get textfile of Participant QoS, similar to Admin Console

I am fairly new to the fine-grained details of RTI DDS. I have a system with many participants across many domains, partitions and topics. I do not have access to the source code for all of the applications (participants).

I am looking to generate a textfile log of which participants are running and what their DDS QoS is set to. Specifically I am interested in: durability.kind, ownership.kind and reliability.kind.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Speed up data reader liveliness count

Hi. I'm using DDS RTI 5.3.0 with the Modern C++ API. I'm using DDS to communicate an app, which serves as a front-end and has several DataReaders, with a separate app that works as the backend and consequently has several DataWriters.

Users interact with the front-end app and should be able to know whether the backend is alive, so I thought it would be nice to check whether there are DataWriters publishing the topics for the DataReaders to read. I've used two alternatives:

mProcessorPerformanceReader.subscription_matched_status().current_count()

and

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Timeout for "Reliable reader activity changed -> inactive"

Hi,

I have a Reliable, TransientLocal keyed topic with one DataWriter and one DataReader. History is KeepAll on the DataWriter and KeepLast(2) on the DataReader. All other QOS are at their respective defaults. To test liveliness behavior, I ran the following protocol (using v5.2.0 on Linux):

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
GS
DW Sample Replacement

Hi,
Is there are method the writer can be notified (via callbacks or by polling) that an unacknowledged sample has been replaced in the send_queue (in case the QOS allows this of course)?
I could not find any explicit indication for that in all of the Statuses for DataWriters (specifically the RELIABLE_WRITER_CACHE_CHANGED Status)

Thank you,
Gal

Keywords:
Subscribe to RSS - reliability