How to enable reserve participant index?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to enable reserve participant index?

Currently I am testing latency performance with the example code from the RTI suite. In my setup I need to run several participants on one host (one participant for Latency, two participants on my Gateway). When the gateway is running and I try to start the Latency test, I get an error when trying to enable the participant for LatencyPublisher (sourcecode not changed):

Exception in thread "main" com.rti.dds.infrastructure.RETCODE_ERROR
    at com.rti.dds.util.Utilities.rethrow(Unknown Source)
    at com.rti.dds.infrastructure.RETCODE_ERROR.check_return_codeI(Unknown Source)
    at com.rti.dds.infrastructure.EntityImpl.enable(Unknown Source)
    at latency.LatencyPublisher.publisher_main(LatencyPublisher.java:165)
    at latency.LatencyPublisher.main(LatencyPublisher.java:42)
[D0000|ENABLE]DDS_DomainParticipantPresentation_reserve_participant_indexI:!enable reserve participant index

How do I enable the reserve participant index? Or do I have to solve the problem by increasing the max participant index? For the tests LatencyPublisher is using UDPv4. If I try to use shared memory (otherwise same scenario), I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" com.rti.dds.infrastructure.RETCODE_ERROR
    at com.rti.dds.util.Utilities.rethrow(Unknown Source)
    at com.rti.dds.infrastructure.RETCODE_ERROR.check_return_codeI(Unknown Source)
    at com.rti.dds.infrastructure.EntityImpl.enable(Unknown Source)
    at latency.LatencyPublisher.publisher_main(LatencyPublisher.java:165)
    at latency.LatencyPublisher.main(LatencyPublisher.java:42)

This is also happening when enabling the participant.

gianpiero's picture

Hello,

Can you have a look to the answer given in this forum post? I believe that's what is happening in your experiment..

Let me know if that works! 

Best,
  Gianpiero Napoli

I've increased the shmmem size to 1GB and doubled the semaphores, but it does not solve the problem. My guess would be, that the participant on my gateway is created as a default participant and has different settings than the RTI latency test. I will rewrite the latency sourcecode to use default participants as well, maybe that helps.