Defining types in XML for Prototyper

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Defining types in XML for Prototyper

I was wondering if it's possible to have my types defined in a separate XML file and then refer to them when registering my types/topics in the USER_QOS_PROFILES.xml file?

Is there a way to specify that one XML file needs to "include" another?

The reason for doing this is that I have a lot of large/complex types already defined in XML (actually they're in IDL but I converted them to XML using rtiddsgen), and I don't really want to have to cut/paste them into the XML file that I provide to the rtiddsprototyper.

Thanks (oh, and I'm new to DDS & XML so be kind!)

Keywords:

Hi Julie,

the <types> tag inside the XML allows the definition of <include> tags, to load other XML files containing type definitions. Is this what you were looking for?

RTI Connext provides XSD files to be able to get content assistence while editing. The XSD schemas are located under your NDDSHOME installation, in folder "resource/qos_profiles_<version>/schema".

Thanks,

Juanlu

Thanks Juanlu, that's exactly what I was looking for! I'll give it a try.

I'm only using basic editors (eg vi), so I don't really have access to content assistance. I've tried with emacs but can never figure out how to get it to work.

Glad that helped.

Hmmm, I use Eclipse myself, but I've heard and seen about Vim Omni completion. Why don't you take a look? It may be useful for you. I guess it should also work with XML.

dknippel's picture

Hi Julie & Juan,

I am trying to use the <include> tag in my XML file with rtiddsgen like so:

<include file="LeiCommonTypes.xml"/>

However, when I run rtiddsgen, I get the following error:

Included file 'LeiCommonTypes.xml' not found

The file 'LeiCommonTypes.xml' is in the same directory as the file I use for -inputXml with rtiddsgen.  Any thoughts and/or extended documentation on how to implement the <include> tag?

Thanks,

Dennis

dknippel's picture

Whoopsie, nevermind.  I had to set the current directory to where the -includeXml file was before invoking rtiddsgen.  :-)