Getting Started: Problem with step 3, start the subscriber

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Getting Started: Problem with step 3, start the subscriber

Hello, could anyone help me with a problem? I'm reading the "Getting Started" and I have done all the steps, one by one. However when I start the subscribing application (writing runSub) I get this error:

RTI Data Distribution Service No source for License information
Please contact support@rti.com with any questions or comments.

Exception in thread "main" com.rti.dds.infrastructure.RETCODE_ERROR: error creating entity

at com.rti.dds.util.Utilities. rethrow<Unknown Source>
at com.rti.dds.infrasctructure.NativeFactoryMixin.create.entityI<Unknown Source>
at com.rti.dds.domain.DomainParticipantFactoryImpl.create_participant<Unknown Source>
at com.rti.simple.HelloSubscriber.main<HelloSubscriber.java:32>

I don't know where the error is. Some help?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT

I've solved my problem! I found this message with the same problem: https://community.rti.com/content/forum-topic/error-when-try-hellosimple-example

I have just created a new environment variable (RTI_LICENSE_FILE), and I have set to point to the full path of the license file, including the file-name (for example, C:\RTI\rti_license.dat).

Gerardo Pardo's picture

Glad you found the solution to the problem! Thank you for pointing the prior entry on the forum. We should probably colect that knowledge into a "solution" and enhance error providing a pointer to the solution to help future users.