is CFDP now a default discovery protocol?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
is CFDP now a default discovery protocol?

Is CFDP that was descibed in the following paper now a default discovery protocol in RTI package?

Content-based Filtering Discovery Protocol (CFDP): Scalable and Efficient OMG DDS Discovery Protocol

Organization:
Keywords:

Hi MikeZhang,

No, CFDP is not the default protocol in our current release. However, we are actively looking to improve the scalability and efficiency of our discovery protocol. More information will be shared with our next release coming up soon. 

Thanks,
Kyoungho

Thank you Kyoungho. I noticed that you are the first author for the paper. Thank you for your reply. Since the paper was published in 2014, are RTI still explore and invest in CFDP? 

Hi MikeZhang,

I inveistgated this as my internship project at the time and joined RTI later aftrer I graduated. RTI as a company has not investinated since then and recently started looking into improving discovery scalability (that will be part of our next release). 

Thanks,
Kyoungho 

Thanks again Kyoungho for your quick response. I look forward to the RTI coming release. Just curious, is there a place where I can peek what is coming? thank you very much! 

Mike,

I am not aware of public resources that I can share with you at this point unfortunately. 

Thanks,
Kyoungho