DocBox

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Xtype extensions

Hi,

I have a device using Connext Micro and other devices in the system are using Connext Core.  Some topics that were developed for Core are using the @Optional keyword on some fields in the IDL. I found that these topics will not match up with the Micro device. Is there any way to get these topics to match other than removing the @Optional extension? Is there any plan for Micro to support Xtype extensions?

Thanks,

Anne Fiore

Organization:
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Namespace Issue

Hi,

I have been working with on a C++ project using RTI Connext professional. We are now trying to port our code to use the RTI DDS micro edition. We have several namespaces defined in our IDL (modules). In some IDL files we have duplicate type names but they are defined in different module names. We use the -namespace switch with rtiddsgen. We are unable to build the code because the linker reports "multiple definitions" for generated sequence functions.

For example we have 2 IDL files that define a struct "Timespec", each in their own namespace:

Organization:
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Admin Console cannot subscribe to topic

Hi,

I'm getting an error from the Admin Console when I try to subscribe to a topic:

ERROR : com.rti.tools.console.entitymodel.impl.matchanalysis.MatchAnalyzer.analyzeTypeConsistency(MatchAnalyzer.java:313) : - unable to determine type consistency since both type objects are available but at least one of the type codes is not, topic=ice--PatientIdentification

When I look at the match graph, it shows the reader and writer are matched on the topic and the admin console reader is "healthy".

Does anyone know why it would be failing the type consistency check?

Organization:
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
RTI Connector

Hi,

I've been using the RTI Connector with nodejs to create a web client that displays DDS data and it has been working well.

One thing I'm not clear about is how it works with multiple clients.  Do I need to instantiate a new Connector for each client? If I don't do this, does that mean that all the clients would be using the same DDS entities defined in the configuration file?

Thanks,

Anne Fiore

Organization:
1 post / 0 new
Routing Service Transformation

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has written a routing service transformation library that simply appends data to the input sample - for example append a string field to the type - regardless of the topic and type. I would like to use this transformation on every input topic (using auto_topic_route) but am getting an error. I can get this to work if I use topic_route and specifically write a transformation for a topic.  Does anyone know if this is supported?

Thanks,

Anne Fiore

Organization:
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can a reader get partition of sample?

Hi,

I've been investigating using partitions as a way to identify our data. If I use a string that identifies the location of the publisher like "Room_302" and my subscriber partition is "Room_*" is there a way that the reader can parse the publisher partition string to determine that the sample was published by Room 302? I haven't seen any reader methods that have the partition strings of the publisher.

Thanks,

Anne Fiore

Organization:
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
QOS to optimize throughput

Hi,

I am running into a situation where a publisher is publishing at a rate where the reader is not able to keep up and I am losing samples. I am using one of the builtin QOS profiles (BuiltinQosLibExp::Pattern.LastValueCache).

I read this article on how to tune QOS for throughput (https://community.rti.com/kb/which-qos-parameters-are-important-tune-throughput-testing). 

Organization:
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Web Integration Service

Hi,

I've been using an early release version of the RTI Web Integration Service with 5.2.3 and it is working very well. The documentation says that the service can produce xml or json. So far I can only get xml output. Does anyone know how to get json formatted data?

Thanks,

Anne Fiore

Organization:
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Routing Service behavior on LAN Disconnect

Hi,

We're using routing service to bridge between domains in our system.  I'm creating an auto topic route to forward all topics both ways between domains.  But I'm having an issue getting Routing Service to propagate disposed/unregistered samples when I disconnect the LAN.  

Organization:
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Who writes NOT_ALIVE_NO_WRITERS sample?

Hi,

Organization:
Subscribe to RSS - DocBox