Compilation failure with Java classes generated by rtiddsgen

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Compilation failure with Java classes generated by rtiddsgen

Hello,

I'm using rtiddsgen (from the 6.0.0 distribution) to generate Java classes from an IDL file.

rtiddsgen -d output -inputidl ida.idl -language Java -package dds.xyz -ppDisable -update typefiles

The Java classes are generated successfully, but some of them cannot be compiled. The errors reported by the Java compiler mainly have to do with converting to either a Sequence or a List. Here are a couple of examples:

C:\src\dds\xyz\ida\XyzDataReader.java:42: error: incompatible types: XyzSeq cannot be converted to List
        take_untyped(received_data, info_seq, max_samples, sample_states,
                     ^

C:\src\dds\xyz\ida\XyzSeq.java:21: error: incompatible types: int cannot be converted to XyzSeq
    public dds.xyz.ida.XyzSeq userData =  new dds.xyz.ida.XyzSeq((dds.xyz.ida.MAPPEDPOINTCLOUD_MAX_SIZE.VALUE));
                                                                 ^

Indeed, XyzSeq is not a List. It merely implements Copyable and Serializable. I assume I'm missing something when executing rtiddsgen, but so far I do not see it. Any suggestions are welcome.

irwin's picture

Hi,

I need your ida.idl file in order to help you. Please attach it.

Irwin

Hi Irwin,

thank you for your trying to help. I'd create and upload a minimal IDL file, but we were able to identify the cause in the meantime. These messages had to to with sequences and lists that were not used directly but using a typedef. Eliminating the typedefs also made the Java files compilable.

Best regards, Stefan

irwin's picture

Stefan,

This is a known issue. The Bug ID is CODEGENII-1105. This fix is available in the 5.3.1.20 Patch release. It will be incorporated in our next major release. That data is not scheduled yet.

Irwin

Irwin,

great, thank you for your feedback!

Best regards, Stefan