shared memory

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Communication between docker and host

hi,

We're currently trying to have a setup where applications on the host are publishing/subscribing to their counterparts running inside the docker container.

Lets take a very simple request/reply example copied from https://community.rti.com/static/documentation/connext-dds/6.0.1/doc/api/connext_dds/api_cpp2/group__RequestReplyExampleModule.html#RequestReplyExampleModule_requester_create

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can't log data in JSON format for FlatData and Shared Memory

Hello, 

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Error with multicast using FlatData and Zero Copy

I'm sending images using a docker. I created a publisher and subscriber which sends a simple image. And I want to use the recording service to log info from this images. 

I created this xml, based on the example in the RTI_RecordingService_UsersManual.pdf page 27.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
how to set data writer transport use to shared memory only programtically

Hi,

In my application, I need to set a particular datawriter to use shared memory only. We do not want to use an XML file since we don't want to give our users any chance to change this.

I have tried the follwoing code but I keep getting an error that that '=' is not defined for the opeations or something simliar.  The docs are not clear on this(The docs emphasize over and over to use XML files.  Why?)  We are using RTI DDS 5.3.1 on RHEL 7.5 on a x64 machine.

This is the code:

DDS_DataWriterQos datawriter_qos;

1 post / 0 new
Yuya MARUYAMA's picture
How to avoid marshaling when using shared memory

Hello,

I'm using Connext DDS and evaluating its trasnport time in different QoS cases for robotics development.

In my evaluation, transport by shared memory is "a littele" faster than transport by local loop back. It was not as fast as I thought at first. Generally, shared memory communication does not require serialization / deserialization, so I expected that it is much faster than the other. 

Organization:
Keywords:
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Failure in creating domain participant

Hi,

My application has many processes, currently all of them are running in a single machine. Each one creates a domain participant using default QOS:

participant = DDSDomainParticipantFactory::get_instance()->

create_participant(

1,                              /* Domain ID */

Organization:
Subscribe to RSS - shared memory