Discovery

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Listener not receiving data

I am having trouble getting a subscriber to receive data from a publisher. Both entities are on the same machine and my firewall is off.

* Subscriber has a listener with StatusMask as all().
* set NDDS_DISCOVERY_PEERS=4@shmem://
* Using HighThroughput profile.

I guess the more unusual thing about this app is that there are two domain participants with a pub on one and a subscriber on the other. Yet, they are both on the same domain's id, 0. I assume that's ok.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Discovery problem after 7+ participants

Hi,

Keywords:
17 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to set DDS publish and subscribe with different IP

Hello,

when I  want to use DDS publish and subscribe with different IP, I find  DISCOVERY mode in the document, but actually I still have no idea to deal with it.

Keywords:
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Why no discovery message from Micro?

Hi,

I can't get my DDS Micro project to interoperate with my client's DDS Connext. Below are some information, and hope somebody can help me please. My project deadline is approaching.

Organization:
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problems connecting DDS applications

I'm running a DDS micro client (v 2.4.10) on a linux ARM system (compiled from source).  It produces topic data on one second intervals, and I have a windows 7 system with the Connext Pro version 5.3.0 running the Admin Console that should be able to watch the data.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unable to discover the reader in my app [solved]

Hi all.

I’ve been developing a set of apps with one server and three different clients. Everything works fine while running all of them on the same machine. Now I put one of those clients in another machine B, connected to the same router, and the first message of this client -a login request- is never received by the server in machine A. The on_publication_matched method in the client is never executed, but in the Administration Console, the client turns from Healthy to Warning: Reader-only Topic. Topic contains only DataReaders when the message is sent.

Keywords:
1 post / 0 new
Unicast Discovery and offline hosts

Hello,

we are migrating from old Suse with kernel 3.0 to a new version with kernel 3.12. One of the changes are ARP limits:

Keywords:
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Detecting Leaving Domains

Hi everybody,

I have written a simple application which discover all domains with the help of dds::topic::ParticipantBuiltinTopicData. When a domain joins my LAN network, my program detects it but it cannot detect leaving domains. Is there any way to detect leaving domains? 

I bring some of my application code below for further uses:

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
MTU and Fragmentation

Hello,

We are using a 3G cellular link to send data back from a remote device. I had a problem where I was seeing Readers/Writers being discovered by Spy, but no samples would ever come through. Upon closer inspection, it appeared that discovery wasn't in fact ever completing, although Spy showed the readers/writers. Turning on verbosity showed that there was some strange errors on type matching. Our typecode is roughly ~3-4k.

Subscribe to RSS - Discovery